VISITOR VISAS (B-Classification)
Visitor visas (B-Classification) are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).
B-1: Temporary Business Visitor visa
B-1 visa classification is for business travelers to consult with business associates, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract.
- The purpose of your trip is to enter the United States for business of a legitimate nature
- They plan to remain for a specific, limited period.
- Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the United States
- They have a residence outside the United States as well as other binding ties that will ensure their departure from the United States at the end of the visit.
Once the B-1 visa is approved the validity will be 10 years however you can stay maximum of 6 months. The maximum total amount of time permitted in B-1 status on any one trip is generally 1 year.
The spouse and children are not eligible to obtain a dependent visa. you must separately apply B-2 visa for each of your dependents who are willing to join.
B-2: Pleasure, Tourism, Medical Treatment Visitor Visa
B-2 visa classification is for tourists on vacation and people coming for medical treatment, a social event, or participation in amateur contests for no pay.
Similar to B-1 Visa, in case if you are visiting for medical treatment
- Medical diagnosis from a local physician, explaining the nature of the ailment and the reason you need treatment in the U.S
- Letter from a physician or medical facility in the U.S., stating they are willing to treat your specific ailment and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment.
- Proof that your transportation, medical, and living expenses in the U.S. will be paid. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns.
Duration & Dependents: Similar to B-1 Visa